As a part of Social Investment Plan and Corporate Social Responsibility throughout the years, the WEBG supported activities connected with smaller projects like improvement of infrastructure, upgrading education and sport programs, supporting vulnerable groups (elder population, persons with special needs, youth and children), activities to preserve environment, local traditions and customs, to promote the European values, the respect of law, transparency and battle against discrimination. Majority of projects were realized through the Local Communities of Mramorak, Dolovo, Vladimirovac and Bavaniste.
WEBG has so far been supported over 100 projects and local initiatives of which more than 20 were related to Health, Wellbeing and Sports. Company aided 3 projects regarding elderly care and helped more than 7 sports organizations and health institutions.
Total of 32 infrastructural projects in 4 different local communities were carried out, 2 school classrooms were reconstructed, 3 playgrounds and 5 sports facilities were built.
Since children are unique in their physical, social, and emotional development, WEBG has devoted around 20 donations to children and youth and their education.
WEBG continually encourages projects related to preservation of culture and national heritage as well as women empowerment. In this segment total of 17 projects were carried through.
In addition to local organizations, WEBG continuously supports and monitors the work of the Research Station "Petnica" and H-Bridges team of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade so they could have a chance to compete worldwide and present projects and inventions in the field of electricity and sustainable development. Additionally, WEBG organized a visit of over 50 students of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade to the wind farm Čibuk 1. In this way, we wanted to introduce future engineers to the importance of renewable energy sources and the way the wind farm works.
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 crisis, the company Vetroelektrane Balklana has been actively helping local governments and health care institutions by donating funds necessary for the purchase of medical and protective equipment and food and hygiene packages for the most vulnerable categories of the population.
We proudly act and think that success should be shared with others.
The list of completed SIP/CSR Projects in 2021:
- Elementary school “Prvi maj”, Vladimirovac – donation for local festival Martisor in the amount 30,000 RSD
- Volunteer Fire Association, Mramorak – donation for equipment in the amount 465,156 RSD
- Sponsorship to the Faculty of Electrical Engineering for the participation in an International Future Energy Challenge Competition 2021/2022 in the amount of 3,600 EUR.
- Women's Basketball Club “Kovin”, Kovin - donation for Club’s training activities and participation in competition in the amount of 1,000 EUR
- Sponsorship for Association "Srbija, moj dom" from Dolovo for the for the organization of ecological project “Deliblato Sands the last oasis for the benefit of future generations” and procurement of equipment and materials for cleaning and installation of information boards in the Deliblato Sands in the amount of 60,000 RSD.
- The University Children's Clinic, Belgrade – donation for purchase of 4 syringe pumps which are crucial for proper treatment of patients in intensive care in the amount of 4080 EUR.
- Sponsorship to Mr. Djordje Ogrizovic an Environmental Engineering Student of the Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University of Belgrade for MPhil in Engineering for Sustainable Development at Cambridge University in the amount of 5,000 EUR
- Beekeepers Association “Banatski pcelari, Dolovo – donation required for the organization of Honey festival and presentation in the amount of 30,000 RSD.
Annual SIP reports for all previous years.